2022 LTA Tennis Awards
The LTA Tennis Awards celebrate the achievements made by outstanding individuals and venues in tennis throughout the past year, from grassroots tennis to elite performance. They present us all with a great opportunity to say “thank you” to those who generously give their time to our sport and open up tennis.
Nominations will be opening on 1st October and will close on 15th November, 2021.
There are 13 publically nominated categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Volunteer of the Year
- Young Person of the Year
- Development Coach of the Year
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Communities and Parks Award
- School of the Year
- University of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Competition of the Year
- Disability Award
- President’s Award
With the exception of the President’s Award, all categories are judged firstly by Counties (or Tennis Wales / Tennis Scotland). County winners are put forward for Regional consideration, with the Regional winners going forward to the National panels.
LTA Tennis Awards 2022 Judging Criteria
Nominations are for contributions and achievements made in 2021, with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement award.
2021 Cambridgeshire County Tennis Awards
The County winners of the 2021 LTA Tennis Awards were announced following the AGM on 17 March 2021.
Congratulations to the below County winners:
- Geoff Smith - Lifetime Achievement
- Tim Arthur - Volunteer of the Year
- Ganesh - Young Person of the Year
- Cambridge LTC - Club of the Year
- Sue Rich - Performance Coach of the Year and Official of the Year
- Teresa Catlin - Development Coach of the Year
- Festival of Tennis - Competition of the Year
- Parktennis - Community & Parks Awards
- Steve Shaw - Disability Award
As part of the LTA Central & East Regional Awards, the below were all acknowledged as Highly Commended:
Club of the Year - Cambridge Lawn Tennis Club
Competition of the Year - Cambridge Festival of Tennis
Lifetime Achievement Award - Geoff Smith
Volunteer of the Year - Tim Arthur